Balch Springs Water Damage Removal Team Shares Tips on Where Water Damage Starts
There Are a Few Key Areas You Should Check for Damage in Your Balch Springs Home
Locating water damage and its sources is the first step in restoring your Balch Springs. Preferably, it would help if you had your home periodically inspected by professionals for water-related issues. However, there are some key places you can check on your own if you suspect a water problem.
When inspecting water damage spots in your Balch Springs home, SERVPRO technicians repeatedly find it in the same areas. They generally discover it near windows, in ceilings under leaky roofs, by pipe networks, around appliances, or beside water containers.
With all this in mind, some specific places you should check for water problems and associated damage are:
- The caulking around your window frames, your windows’ glass seals, and the areas beside and under your windows
- Attics, other spots directly under roofs, and places behind ceiling leaks or discolored structural elements
- Under sinks and around known pipe networks, especially after hard freezes, where leaky or burst pipes may occur
- or under washing machines, around the valves and gaskets of dishwashers, and near water heater tanks that haven’t been serviced in a while
- Around old or corroded water containers that may have been neglected for some time
Should you locate a water leak and related damage, you will likely need professional water damage remediation to help you with water cleanup and water damage repairs.
With that said, it is comforting to know that the highly trained and well-equipped water damage experts at SERVPRO of Balch Springs are just a phone call away. Contact us at (469)-998-6445 for assistance whenever you need us.